Employers must tread carefully when it comes to employee privacy. Certainly, monitoring emails and social networking comes into question.
With ever-changing innovations in technology, it's important to know the limits you can place on mobile device use and other employee communications during and outside of work. But how do you balance lost productivity with being too restrictive? What if you suspect misconduct? Privacy issues are a growing concern for all involved.
Join our employment law experts at our July 18 webinar for clarity on employee privacy rights related to:
- State and federal guarantees and limitations
- Pre-hire background and social media checks
- Use of employer's electronic devices and employees' personal mobile devices
- Social media posts by employees while at work
- The National Labor Relations Board's take on social media policies for union and nonunion employees
- Employee monitoring
- Drug and alcohol testing
They'll also address drafting company policies on what employees can and can't expect to remain private in the workplace.
If you can’t make the date for the live event, you can purchase the recorded version that becomes available July 28.
Webinar: What California Employers Should
Know About Workplace Privacy
Date: Thursday, July 18, 2013
Time: 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PT
CalChamber Preferred and Executive members receive their 20-percent discount. This event is approved for HRCI credits.