To help employers prepare for implementing key components of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), the California Chamber of Commerce is continuing its series of free webinars for members in August.
Starting in 2015, employers with the equivalent of 50 full-time employees must at least offer minimum essential health care coverage or face fines.
The Affordable Care Act: Employee Benefits Compliance Webinar is being held on Thursday, August 15, 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
The CalChamber will be the moderator. A special guest presenter Liliana Salazar, benefits compliance practice co-leader for Wells Fargo Insurance Services, will offer employers tips on navigating the employer mandate and designing a benefits plan that’s strategic and realistic.
Salazar will cover:
- Effects of the employer mandate’s one-year delay;
- How to strategically plan for 2015;
- Cost implications and other key considerations;
- Weighing the options of paying or playing;
- Insurance exchanges and individual subsidies; and
- What issues, if any, exist for self-insured employers.
Registration is available by calling (800) 331-8877 or visiting www.calchamber.com/acawebinars. A recorded version of the live webinar will be made available.